Monday, September 27, 2010

Cancer Man: Part 1

I walk through Detroit as a new man.

I have brain cancer. So what do I do now?

I know exactly what you are asking. Are you ready to die?
I know exactly what you are thinking too. Cancer patients cannot live a normal life!

That is absolutely right ladies and gents. We don't live normal.

WE LIVE BETTER.

My name is Reggie and I was diagnosed with brain cancer nine months ago.

Like seriously, what would you do if the doctors pranced into your hospital room and tried to smile and explain with some weird ass science terminology that you may die due to a disease that they cannot really treat.

damn.

But it is what it is, right?

Well, for me, I felt as if the world crashed, burnt over and turned into a grimy pile of ash. Yet, something suddenly risen. No, not Jesus. But a new life for me.

No, I didn't turn into some Superman dude. I just woke up and became more appreciative of life. And all that good stuff.

....but my story doesn't end that sweetly.

No comments:

Post a Comment