Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Love Story

I will never forget the day I first saw him. He walked through the doors at Malcolm X Elementary School, downtown.

Light-skinned brotha.

I glanced and then quickly turned my eyes away. I could never have something so delicious.

He saw me. And smiled.

Heart starts pumping. I smiled back.

But of course, as a dummy, I turned away and looked right at my phone, texting the green-eyed monster.

hahaha. ok.ok. Ill stop. It was my now-ex boyfriend. He is not a monster. He is simply the guy who threw my heart out onto the street, stomped all over it, while spitting globs of deceit on it. hahaha. just kidding.

Looking back, he gave me nothing. And he took it when he left.

Who knew right then that this light-skinned brotha would be the Prince who sweeps me off my feet and plants me as his precious black rose in his secret garden, his heart.

And his name. Reggie.

...his love travels so deep inside me, I do not want to return from our journey. oh je t' aime.

No comments:

Post a Comment