Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Stop

For some people, they wake up and wander around, pleasing themselves.

I, on the other hand, I wake up, in high hopes of pleasing God.

Over the last few weeks, I have been trying to get closer to God. I know that it's not like he is gently pushing me away every time I get closer to Him; it just feels as though I have yet to touch Him.

The thing we call Life is a bitch. I realized that this morning when I was getting dressed for work. This world of ours is a fucked up world. And it is not the food or oxygen that carries us through our 14 hour days.

It is God's grace.

Lord, have mercy on us. Please.

There have been times I wished that I did not have to get out the bed. I would be scared to face the world. The unseen dangers. The disguised hatred.

But reciting a few Bible scriptures is what gets my adrenaline going.

After playing hide and seek with my pillows, I wake up, asking myself, what the fuck am I doing? Why am I not successful.

But that's the thing. I am.

I am just too damn blind and dumb to realize it. I am so blessed that it hurts to start counting. By the time I get to blessing number 4, I feel like a coward and ask the Lord for forgiveness instantly.

We get so caught up in worrying about our lives. We forget that it is NOT our duty to worry. We are all assigned one duty from God and that is to JUST LIVE.

Like the Bible says, each day has its own troubles, so only live for today, for tomorrow is too not promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment