Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Well... The day has come!

One milestone done. CHECK!

Today’s is the big day! Today, Reggie and I bequeath to the world a little boy with a gigantic smile and two sparkly brown eyes. Simply, today is RJ’s first day of Kindergarten. Eek!

Countless unbridled emotions swallowed my brain as we prepared for this kiddo’s first day of school. We all woke up excited and ready for the new day. We talked about learning new things, making new friends and homework. This was just a B!G moment rippling inside of our home! Just a few months ago, tears were bubbling down my face as RJ walked across the stage, graduating from Pre-K. Now, just a few hours ago, I was helping RJ neatly pack his backpack with his fresh school supplies and snacks before he walked out the door to conquer his momentous day of starting Elementary school.

Ay yi yi!

Man, I miss being a kid. No real worries in the world. The only worry I had was making sure my mother bought the prettiest trapper keeper and hoping she polishes my nails for the first day of class. Looking at RJ made me realize that I am getting older and that we both are entering new paths- His path of growing independently into a man like his father (my dreamy husband) and my path of motherhood. I pray I will be blessed with plenty of ‘RJ’s first moments’. Just like his first day of Kindergarten, I plan to be there for RJ for his many First’s- when he wiggles out his first loose tooth, when he sits in his first car, when he gets ready for his first date and needs advice- PAUSE, let me be real... I am NOT ready for that. I never will be. Hehehe.

But anyhoo…

Quite frankly, I am proud of myself for not crying. Before he skipped out the front door, I gave RJ a kiss on the forehead and he told me that he loves me. Let me tell you, I seriously am not ready for RJ to grow up. But I know that he doesn’t have a choice and neither do I or his daddy.

I love my little RJ. I am so blessed to have RJ as my son.

Go get it, RJ! The world is waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment