Thursday, August 4, 2011

I wish...

I wish friends and family would stop taking me for granted.

They scrutinize my presence as soft-spoken baby doll. But I'm not. I am a human being.

There are so many people who have so many misconceptions of me.

Do you really know me? I think not.

I wish friends and family would stop looking at me as a beauty queen and look at me as an individual who is trying to make a difference in the community. Stop looking at me as the lady who is just always smiling. Some days, I smile because I am happy. Other days, I smile because some of God's people need a smile. Don't you sometimes?

I wish friends would stop thinking that I am this, when I am that.

I wish family would stop lying to me. Aren't I worth the truth?

I wish friends would stop acting like they believe in me. I'd rather you be an unquestionable hater than a lover in disguise.

I wish family would stop being fake. Keep it real and walk out of my life. The door is to the left. It's open.

I wish friends would be filled with more humility than pretentiousness.

But then again, I wish I wouldn't give a damn.

ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment